Thursday 1 December 2016

Emboss Resist with Especially for You

Hello! I hope you are all well and getting ready for the upcoming weekend?

Today I am sharing a card with you that is very easy to create.


I started with glossy cardstock and embossed my butterflies with white powder. I then smooshed the panel into Rose Red and Orange Brushos. Once dry, I used a baby wipe over the butterflies to reveal my embossing in more detail. This technique works especially well with glossy cardstock. When wiping over with the baby wipe, it doesn't remove the ink off the cardstock itself. 

Tip: Be very careful when you stamp onto glossy cardstock as it is very easy to have your stamp move while pressing down. Take some time and you will get beautifully stamped images.

I embossed my sentiment as well.

I have used the new HLS set called Especially for You.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

Less Is More - Challenge #304 - Emboss Resist Technique
Stampin' Royalty - Clean and Simple
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

Thanks for popping by. Take care :)


8 comments:

  1. This card has the fire that warms. And this heat is especially needed in situations when you need our compassion. Beautiful sympathy card.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an expert of the smoosh, Kylie! That butterfly stamp is so pretty and looks great on that beautiful vivid background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully made, and such warming colours behind the pretty butterflies. It would be a comfort to anyone at a sad time in life. I love how the panels are raised up, and how the black panel is sized to show at the top and bottom - it looks great! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous warm colours, Kylie. I'll have to get some glossy cardstock and give this a go, it has a completely different effect with the Brushos...still addicted to them I see! ;) Love the touches of black too. Great to see you playing along with us at Less is More.
    Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous Kylie and so thrilled that you played along with our emboss resist technique at Less is More this week. Your card is beautiful and certainly adds a warm glow to the mainly wintery gallery. I need to try out all your gorgeous new stamps but swamped with Christmas makes at the minute. Thanks so much. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Kylie! I love your background witht those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background is so beautiful. Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card Kylie, I love the design and the colours used.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.